Sunday, January 19, 2014

"Easy as Cake" Cake

The post on Facebook said "Easy as Pie Cake". Who are they fooling? A cake is much easier and quicker to make than a pie any day! So I've renamed this recipe. It also claimed to be a good, quick solution to what to take to the next covered dish dinner. That is was. I mixed this up (even had the ingredients all on hand) first thing after my morning coffee and it baked while I did my treadmill duty. While I dressed, it cooled and off we went. Between the morning meeting and the lunch meeting it was headed to, it got the topping of Cool Whip to complete its easy claim.

The original recipe calls for chocolate cake mix and a can of cherry pie filling, but suggests other combinations. I used a spice cake mix and apple pie filling, I rough-chopped the apples in the pie filling.

'Easy as Cake' Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray or grease a 9 x 13-inch cake pan.
4 cups mini marshmallows - spread these over the bottom of a cake pan (I may not have used the whole 4 cups - didn't want it to be too 'gummy')
Prep the cake mix as directed on the package and pour over the marshmallows.
Spoon 1 can of pie filling over the top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Cool, and frost with Cool Whip.

See, wasn't that easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment