Saturday, June 7, 2014

BLT Chopped Salad

Recipes are often passed down from one generation to another. I'm lucky to have a daughter that shares my love of food, and cooking, so often recipes are passed 'up', from her to me. We adapted this recipe she'd found on Pinterest for a Saturday lunch last weekend when I was visiting her. It was easy to make and we did a few changes according to what was in the refrigerator. (I think the secret to the tasty flavor is the bacon!)


BLT Chopped Salad

Ingredients (for 2 servings)                                                
2 cups assorted lettuce and fresh spinach, chopped
8 or so grape tomatoes
2 slices thick-cut bacon, fried and crumbled
½ cup sweet corn (we used frozen)
1 avocado, chopped (you could reduce this some, but what do you do with part of an avocado left?)
2 oz. feta, crumbled

Dressing:
1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
1 lime, juiced
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper

Directions: In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients except bacon and feta; toss together. Combine dressing ingredients and pour over salad. Toss to coat. Divide into serving bowls; top with crumbled bacon and feta.









Here's my salad garden at home - on my deck!

No comments:

Post a Comment