Sunday, March 13, 2016

More Beef - Tangy Roast Beef

Whatever your hobby or occupation is, isn't it fun to get a new 'gadget'? A new tool, piece of equipment, appliance, or as my husband says "a new toy". My new 'toy' this spring is an electric pressure cooker. I've been hearing about them and seeing mentions on-line, so I did some research and decided this would be perfect for making meat preparations quicker and for making my steel cut oats without 30 minutes of stirring on the range. It does all that and more.
Last week's trial with the new appliance was for Southern Tangy Pulled Roast Beef. An adaptation of a popular recipe I've been seeing frequently. This makes a super tender beef entree and is seasoned with pepperonis for a bit of spice. We didn't 'pull' or shred the roast, just served it with the usual potatoes and veggies. It didn't last long enough to become pulled beef sandwiches.


                               

                       Southern Tangy Pulled Roast Beef 

3-4 pound chuck roast
1 package Ranch dressing (dry)
2 Tablespoons beef bouillon powder mixed with warm water
1/2 stick of butter
1 jar Pepperonis

Place 4 peppers in the bottom of the cookie pot first. Then place the roast on top of them. This lifts the roast off the bottom of the pan to prevent burning and overheating.
Sprinkle the Ranch dressing mix over the roast and add the beef bouillon mixture. Place a few more pepperonis on top of the roast, and around it. Pour 1/4 -1/2 of the pepperoni liquid into the pot. Put the butter (I sliced it to distribute it) directly on top of the roast.
That is it! Now place the lid on the pressure cooker and cook. I determined that 1 hour was the correct time according to similar recipes in my instruction book. Including the prep, time to come to pressure, cooking time, and vent/cooling time the roast was ready in about 90 minutes.

I'm excited about trying other things with my new 'toy'. So far it has done very well with the oatmeal and with other meat dishes I've done. Ask me more if you're considering getting an electric pressure cooker!

No comments:

Post a Comment