Sunday, October 9, 2016

Favorite Cookies - even better!

My favorite cookies just got better. One of the things I like about this recipe is the flavors can be varied with the flavor of pudding mix used. Another - the pudding mix keeps the cookies soft and moist longer (but how would I know? Cookies do not last long at my house!). I've done this recipe with chocolate pudding mix (yummy), and with coconut cream pudding mix (with pastel colored white chocolate chips) for spring. And now -- with pumpkin pudding mix - this is the best!! I'd seen pumpkin pudding mix in the stores in previous years, but this year I haven't been able to find it. Except on Amazon.com - one of my favorite shopping spots. I had to order 4 boxes, but I'm sure that will not be a problem to use. Pumpkin Spice baking chips are more easily found, however not in my small town grocery stores - another trip to the bigger town.

Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
   (or, as I use - a blend of all-purpose and whole wheat)
1 package instant (3.4 oz) pumpkin spice pudding mix
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup pumpkin spice baking chips

Directions:
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine oats, flour, pudding mix, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in baking chips.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart onto a parchment lined baking sheet, Bake at 375 degrees for 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
When I've made this recipe and used to small cookie scoop for dropping onto the baking sheet, I get 6-7 dozen. This time I made them larger (about 2/3 of the ice cream scoop), and made 5 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment