Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Pumpkin Treats - again

My treat after the meeting
Another meeting - another hosting duty. How did I get all my club hostessing duties in 2 months? And 2 of the most already-filled-up months of the year. So, yesterday I opted for a simple refreshment with an easy Thanksgiving Punch recipe I'd found on Pinterest.
It turned out to be very easy, and very good. So good several wanted the recipe! We served the punch with quick breads - my favorite recipe in a pumpkin variety. And, by chance, the other hostess brought one from her freezer that I had made for a earlier baked sale. It was the original banana preparation.
So - here is the easiest ever punch/cider recipe for fall: (the original with my adaptions)



Thanksgiving Punch

Ingredients:
2 gallons (1 used 1 1/2 gallons/3 half gallon jugs) apple cider, not spiced
1 12.2 oz bottle caramel syrup (I used 1/2 bottle, what I had in the fridge, that was sweet flavor enough)
1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice (I didn't skimp here, love pumpkin pie spice!)
Cinnamon sticks (optional - mostly for looks)
Sliced apples (also optional)

Directions: Pour apple cider into a large drink container. Add caramel syrup. Stir in pumpkin spice, using a whisk. Some will continue to float. Stir occasionally as it is served.
And, it's good hot or cold. I offered it cold, but also had some in cups to heat in the microwave oven (30 seconds per cup).

And my favorite Quick Bread recipe, adapted to Pumpkin:

Special Pumpkin Nut Bread


¾ cup butter, softened
1 package (8 0z) cream cheese, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups chopped pecans, divided

In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, add to creamed mixture. Fold in 1 cup pecans.
Transfer to two greased 8 inch x 4 inch x 2 inch loaf pans. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 ¼ hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
In a small bowl, whisk the glaze ingredients (powdered sugar + pumpkin spice coffee creamer), drizzle over loaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment