Friday, October 6, 2017

Enjoying more Pumpkin

Working through the collection of pumpkin recipes, and more keep showing up each day! I hope you enjoy this season of baking and cinnamon smells from the kitchen as much as I do. Yesterday, I was baking pumpkin cookies and had a pumpkin spice candle burning, really feeling fall. Granddaughter,who just had a birthday and experienced blowing out candles, told me "its warm enough in here, I can blow the candle out"! Guess she didn't enjoy my pumpkin fever as much!

Here's a recipe I adapted to include oatmeal and cinnamon chips for fall flavor. 

PUMPKIN COOKIES

2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup quick oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup cinnamon chips

Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.
In a medium bowl, cream together butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin egg, and vanilla to mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Stir in cinnamon chips.
Drop on cookie sheet and flatten tops slightly with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake 13-15 minutes at 350°.
(I reduced the sugar in the original recipe and the added sugar on top helps boost the sweet flavor.
About 4 dozen

Happy Fall from our house to yours. 



No comments:

Post a Comment