Sunday, April 7, 2019

A Sign of Spring - Asparagus!



The first asparagus of the season is one of spring's signals. It is now appearing at the grocery's produce department even though I've not found it in my roadside patch yet. I will check daily as I'm always surprised when I find an 18-inch spear where I didn't see anything a few days ago.



Asparagus is a tender vegetable and pairs well with cheese. This easy and quick recipe will go with anything and is a favorite at our house. Thanks to Taste of Home for this spring recipe.


LEMON-PARMESAN BROILED ASPARAGUS

¼ cup mayonnaise
4 tsp. olive oil (I used lemon-infused olive oil)
1 ½ tsp. grated lemon zest
1 garlic clove, minced
½ tsp. seasoned salt
½ tsp. pepper
ready to go under the broiler.
1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed
2 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions: 
1.    Preheat broiler. In a bowl, combine first 6 ingredients.
2.    Spread asparagus in a single layer on a foil-lined 15x10-inch pan. Spread above mixture over asparagus. 
3.    Broil 5-6 inches from heat until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. 

Asparagus goes well with anything - especially steak! 




No comments:

Post a Comment